Me, feeding some monsters.
My name is Alan Macfarlane and I run Melbourne Monster Supplies. I'm originally from the UK but relocated to Melbourne, Australia, in 2014.
I have worked in the games, animation and design industries for more than 20 years as an artist, art director and lecturer as well as running an outsource-art company on and off since 2001.
I offer a range of services from traditional illustration, graphic design and concept art to 3D modelling and animation. I operate as a sole trader but I am happy to work as part of your team or can manage larger projects using other tried and trusted designers.
Typical jobs range from:
- A one-day job creating sketches to illustrate a client's idea and give their pitch more impact.
- A two-week job creating and designing characters and storyboards for a new app or game.
- A six-month contract producing and overseeing all art production for an animated movie short or commercial.
- EMMY winner & BAFTA nomination - Reverse the Odds project.
- BAFTA winner - Bob the Builder Castle Adventure game.
- Edinburgh Festival Fringe - Brochure design, first place.